- Psalm 146:5-9 God is a God of justice and mercy. He is the great motivator.
- Proverbs 28:27 There is blessing in looking out for the poor and needy.
- Isaiah 1:11-17; 58:1-7 True worship is to seek justice and mercy.
- Amos 5:22-24 True worship is to seek justice and mercy.
- Mark 10:45 Jesus came to be a servant.
- Luke 4:18-19 Jesus came to free the oppressed, give sight to the blind.
- Luke 6:24-26 Woe to the self-satisfied.
- James 1:26-27 True worship is looking after the orphan and widow.
- 1 John 3:16-18 This is a main way in which we live out the love that was shown to us.
- Why is justice and mercy close to the heart of God?
- Why should we help the physical and felt needs of people? Why not just focus on sharing the Gospel with them?
- Ask the group whether or not they catch the vision of having a place to serve locally and if they think it is important.
- Go around the room and ask people if they already have a natural third place opportunity in their life.
- If some folks do not have a natural place to serve, encourage them to check out this website to find opportunities.
- See if there is any crossover in interest within your group to help and encourage one another.